New Year’s Eve is still a few months away but already the new models of 2019 are starting to show themselves in car lots across the country.
One of the most exciting vehicles to look out for in coming months is the new RAM 1500, boldly redesigned and more powerful than ever.
The RAM 1500 is one of those iconic pickup trucks, impressive and instantly recognizable even to people who don’t drive pickups. With the improvements and innovations in the 2019 model, the truck is more deserving of its reputation than ever.
Check out the specs and features of the latest RAM here, and if you’re ready to get behind the wheel, head over the Capital Motor Cars, where we’re offering great lease deals on this head-turning new pickup.
New features of the 2019 RAM 1500
The 2019 RAM 1500 is a fifth-generation model and a fresh new redesign from the 2018 version, while keeping all the features and character we loved from earlier models. A few of the changes that stand out the most:
- Lighter and stronger. The 2019 RAM is 225 pounds lighter than its predecessor but its frame is sturdier than before, reinforced with stronger steel. At the same time, its maximum loading and towing capacity are higher than ever: towing is up to 13,000lb, thanks to its much-hyped eTorque system.
- Mild hybrid engine assist. Not hybrid like a Prius, the truck features a new engine technology called eTorque. By storing electricity in a lithium battery, eTorque helps the engine’s stop-start system work more easily, plus adding some extra kick of power in short bursts.
- Better handling and comfort. With its Hemi V8 engine and eight-speed transmission working seamlessly together, the new RAM drives more smoothly than ever, both on the road and off. Bolder in its steering, handling and braking, also it’s more comfortable in general. Off-road capabilities and load-leveling are a step up from the 2018 model.
- Updated styling. As icing on the cake, this is one good-looking truck. The exterior is sleeker and the interior is significantly more upmarket than before. It looks unique on the inside and feels luxurious, especially in the higher trim levels.
- New tech. Inside, the RAM is bursting with new technology, including an infotainment system with a touchscreen display (a massive 12 inches wide in the top option) and multiple USB ports. As you go up in trim levels, you find a 360-degree view camera system, 4G WiFi hotspot, satellite navigation with real-time traffic, Uconnect smartphone app connectivity, voice command and more.
Overall, the 2019 RAM 1500 is poised to take its place as one of the top pickup trucks on the market this year, and definitely the best to drive. Power, handling, style and comfort all put it ahead of the pack.
The 2019 RAM 1500 gives the most bang for your buck
The new RAM has power and performance to spare. With 6.6 seconds from 0 to 60mph and great roll-on acceleration for merging or passing on the highway, you can’t complain about its acceleration.
Its throttle pedal is right on spot, responsive without being jumpy, and its eight-speed transmission maximizes its power.
It also brakes well, firm and smooth on the pedal with a 132-foot stopping distance from 60 mph.
Balanced and controlled on the road, its coil spring rear suspension and rear stabilizer bar makes so that it feels perfectly steady even when cornering through dips, a challenge for many pickups.
Pro’s and con’s
So why should you love the 2019 RAM 1500?
As I’ve already mentioned, it’s a powerful truck, with impressive towing capabilities supported by innovative technology.
It’s comfortable with suspension so smooth and refined you almost feel like you’re riding in an upscale sedan.
It has tons of options and exciting new tech, especially on the higher trim levels.
However, it’s not perfect. Common driver assist features, for example, are only available on higher trims.
With so many options, once you start adding them up it can get much more expensive than you might anticipate.
Finally, it would have been nice to see more upgrades to the engine and better fuel economy than last year’s model.
Lease the new RAM 1500 pickup at Capital Motor Cars
Here at Capital Motor Cars, we are excited to offer great lease deals on the 2019 RAM 1500, as well as many other hot new vehicles. You can easily get approved here for a lease contract, even a zero-down lease deal, and drive off in the new RAM just like that. Contact us today to get started.